Rightacres Property Co Ltd
£900 million GDV
Mixed – offices, residential, hotel, university campus, retail, leisure
Detailed consent for phase 1 and Masterplan for whole
Central Quay comprises a development site of over 6.5 hectares in central Cardiff, bounded to the north by Cardiff Railway Station and to the west by the River Taff.
The Central Quay Masterplan maximises both of these features and the legacy use of the site (the brewery of the famous S.A. Brain & Co Ltd).
The Masterplan encompasses the following elements (subject to detailed planning consents).
- Offices between 6 and 12 storeys (110,000 m2)
- Residential up to 1,000 apartments in blocks ranging from 4 to 24 storeys
- Hotel – 200 beds, 6000 m2
- University campus – 21,000 m2 in 2 blocks
- Multi Storey car park – 695 spaces
- Leisure – brewery visitor centre and food and beverage outlets, retail and public realm
The first phase of the Central Quay development has full planning permission and is construction ready, comprising the multi storey car park and the adjacent 11 storey office block (26,000 m2) with a total GDV of c.£100m requiring investment of c.£70m.